Welcome to Haunted Oklahoma!
Some basic setting stuff to get out of the way:
- I’m lifting Oklahoma out of our world and into the World of Darkness. All real-world laws will apply, and there will be consequences to illegal actions (if they catch you).
- For the purposes of this story, assume that our timeline diverges from the World of Darkness around early February. After that point, real-world events will not have affected their timeline. So, all the stuff up until two weeks ago happened in both worlds. In-game, I’ll introduce what’s happened since then.
- Most of the game will happen on campus. Walk around and figure out where your character might live. Off-campus is an option, too, naturally.
- Pretty much any building built before the 90s is likely to be haunted. You’ve been warned.
- There will be several other Sin-Eater groups in the area; many are Greek organizations or on-campus extracurricular clubs as a façade.
Go ahead and check out the campus map in the Maps tab. I’ll be using it ingame, not that we’re not familiar with the campus as it is.
We’re playing a mostly Geist game. There is one Changeling, but if Silver Fang’s player and I weren’t so excited about the idea, it would still be a secret. It’ll be interesting to see how this changes the ultimate aim of the game. This chronicle was designed to mirror real-life events, but you’ll see how much life imitates art once the story proper is underway. There’s not enough money in the world to pay someone to manipulate national sociopolitical events to make the chronicle more topical. There’s going to be tragedy, and there’s going to be intrigue. I advise you to funnel experience points into social and mental skills if you aren’t strong there already. There will be combat, but eventually your characters will be shoved into the spotlight, and you can’t exactly be getting into bar fights with 100k Twitter followers (or a reserved spot on Reddit’s front page, or have your headshots on TIME’s latest issue, etc…) and there not be consequences.
- Darius Fitzpatrick: A professor and wealthy dilettante.
- Hector Guerrero: An ex-MS13 member with too many shadows.
- Silver Fang: Some crazy fuck in your HSCI classes.
- Jack Wei: Party-boy turned graduate student. Office hours are fucking awesome with Jack Wei.
- Mitzi Barnaby: The newest Founder of Sigma Kappa.
- Andrew Black: A professor and mentor; a heart big enough for just about any cause.
- Eufemia Chavez: A girl who grew up with Hector, and moved to Oklahoma for similar reasons.
- Johnny White: An angsty art student. As if there’s any other kind.
- Cherie Wilding: An Irish-American studying Journalism and Finance. Think Hunter S. Thompson.
- Gregory Reynolds: A mysterious Sin-Eater with mysterious plans.
- Marci Palmer: A human thrust into your world, without any of your advantages.